Monday, September 30, 2013

The Final Countdown!

Today was my last day of living on $5 a day! A lot of people have asked me if I'm excited about transitioning back into my old habits of consumerism. To be honest, I'm excited to eat burritos the size of my head and buy the occasional PSL but I won't be jumping in to old habits anytime soon.

It has been nice to know exactly what ingredients I am putting into my body and exactly measure out my portions. Also, I have been able to differentiate between what I want from what I need. Do I need to buy a large coffee every morning or buy those new shoes? Probably not..

On the flip side, it will be nice to eat as many servings as I want and not be crunching numbers in my head constantly. 

Obviously this experiment wasn't perfect.. I may have had rice for dinner, but I am still writing this blog on my laptop and checking email on my smartphone while laying in bed in my room in a city..

Although I was still focusing on the money I was spending, I didn't have to worry about my next rent payment, what clothes to wear, or where I was going to sleep.  However, I definitely have a further understanding of what a dollar can actually mean.

I will follow up soon with a post-experiment post! I'm sure my body wont be too happy with transitioning back to meats and raw veggies. 

Thanks for following me on my journey! 
Yakira

No comments:

Post a Comment