Thursday, September 26, 2013

Updates and Food Stamp Budget Cuts

Hi all!
My computer decided it would be fun to delete my food diary.. so I have been starting from scratch. This is a pretty lame excuse as to why I haven't posted in over a week..but I just wanted everyone to know I am still living on $5 a day. I have been backtracking and filling back in my food excel diary from memory (thankfully I eat the same three meals almost every day...) I'll post clippings from it soon.


Here are a few updates:

  • Since September 1st I have already lost 10 pounds. (note: this should not be a reason to try this experiment, I am seeing this as a negative side effect) 
  • I am craving burritos and sushi (not at the same time...)
  • I had a nightmare I spent more than $5 in one day and woke up in a cold sweat..
  • The government cut funding on food stamps.
    • For families of three, the cut will be $29 a month — a total of $319 for November 2013 through September 2014.
    • The total cut will add up to over $5 billion dollars in FY2014
    • This is HUGE! I am finding myself with some health concerns after only living on $5 a day for a month, and now we are asking Americans to do live on even less as a lifestyle
What do you guys think about the budget cut? I want to hear your thoughts!! Almost 2,000 people read this blog so lets hear some of what you think!

More updates soon,
Yakira

No comments:

Post a Comment